Short answer : No and No.
Long answer:
I do not believe that humans are the sole reason for climate change therefore it is not surprising that the inconvenient truth had no affect on my beliefs. I believe that there are many factors that change the climate and it has always been a natural cycle. The video of An Inconvenient Truth could persuade a large number of the public by teaching them that humans are the sole reason for climate change. Al Gore is a politician ‘I'm Al Gore; I used to be the next president of the United States of America.’ Therefore we know that Al Gore is a good public speaker people do believe what he is saying even though it may not be true.
A court in London counted 9 scientific errors within his film An Inconvenient Truth. Al Gore says that the sea level will rise by up to 6 metres which is true the IPCC (International Panel on Climate Change) have estimated that the sea level could by up to 7 metres as it has done in the past however Al Gore suggests that this will happen in the next hundred years as a result of humans effecting climate change, this is not true. The sea level could rise by that much the IPCC says but in the next several millennia. The IPCC estimate that in the most extreme case the sea level will rise by up to ‘59cm’ not 6m like Al Gore suggests in his film. Other mistakes in his film suggest that the snow on Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania will melt in the near future, pacific islands will drown, and hurricanes will get stronger due to global warming. All of these ‘facts’ are untrue there is no proof for any of them.
Secondly Al Gore did not deserve a peace prize for his film the inconvenient truth, I think it is an absolute joke that he won it. I believe this because this film is full of lies. At the very beginning of his film Al Gore says that he will present thousands of facts he however does not. He produces only a few truthful facts. I believe that since being in line to be president of the USA Al Gore still wanted to be in the lime light which is why he jumped on the bandwagon of climate change. He knows that people are concerned with this but I think less people will be inclined to believe that humans have an impact of climate change after watching this video as we know that it is built on lies to scare people into believing we are the sole cause of Global Warming.
This film has 9 scientific mistakes in it, why on earth is it being shown to school children?


No comments:
Post a Comment